Friday, January 15, 2010

Housekeeping!

Dear Parents of 1E,

Please take note that there will be an individual phototaking session in school, therefore the children will have to be in their school uniform on Monday 18th January 2010. As P.E session will be cancelled on Monday, I would like to make a switch with Friday (22nd January 2010)'s Math period ,0815-0915. So Friday, since they are already in their P.E attire due to Fitness Friday, after Fitness Friday, we will proceed to have P.E instead of Math. On the other hand, on Monday (18th Jan 2010)'s P.E session will be swapped with Math.

Besides that, I would like to inform you that I've been noticing some of the pupils still carrying semester 2 books in their bag. Here is a list of basically what they would have to carry everyday.

- Pencil case
- A set of colour pencils
- glue & scissors
- Student Handbook
- Homework file
- A storybook ( for silent reading)
- Math Textbook 1A
- Chinese/Malay textbook.

For certain days such as Monday and Thursday, they would have to bring their music book and art materials respectively. Please ensure that the child packs his/her bag according to the timetable given. :)

Please also take note that spelling will be on Mondays and mental sums on Thursdays. I would need them to prepare a single lined exercise book for mental sums. In addition, I would like to request them to bring along another exercise book for Word Bank, this book will basically be their Grammar and Vocab practice book.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused. Thank you for your kind co-operation.

Best Regards
Miss Sakinah




7 comments:

  1. hi ms sakinah,

    thanks for posting details of housekeeping on 1E class blog. very useful channel for parents to keep in touch with with teachers

    i believe such regular updates helps parents to keep in touch on what is going on in class and school

    keep the information and updates flowing

    regards
    mr calvin ong
    (father of clarissa ong)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Mr Ong

    Thank you for your support. I will try my best to update regularly.

    Best Regards
    Miss Sakinah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Miss Sakinah,

    With regard to your note on the two single lined exercise books. You required 1 for mental sums - only on Thursday? Another 1 is for Word Bank (for Grammar and Vocab practice)-am I right to say that the pupils must bring this everyday for English lesson?

    I'm very sorry but how do I address the class mother tongue (chinese lang) teacher? The timetable stated there're 2 teachers - "SAKTJU, CHAILE". My Reanne told me is Teacher "Chen". Can I know her full name so I can view her photo under "staff"?

    I too have a question for MT-CL's Chen 老师. Would appreciate if she can drop a note when to bring the exercise book to school? There're 2 kinds - Big Square vs Medium Square, which I'm not sure the respective use. I presume they will be using the Big Square for Wed's 听写 (CL spelling)? Thanks.

    Regards,
    Jessie (Reanne's mum)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Jessie

    yes mental sums book on Thursdays only and Wordbank Book, everyday. (:

    For mother tongue, our mandarin class teacher is Miss Tan Wei Ching.I will address the question on the exercise book when i see her on monday.

    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Miss Sakinah,

    I had seen the notes (with regard to the above) in the handbook. Thanks.

    Best Regards,
    Jessie

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Miss Sakinah,
    My wife had written to you and Ms Tan a note about the book that YuLun had lost, but there was no response from either of you. Pls advice how would Yulun find his book when he lost it again.
    Best Regards,
    Mr Yap

    ReplyDelete